Monday, November 30, 2009

Dealing with Anger

Over the next few days we will look at ways to deal with anger. Some of these responses are healthy and some are unhealthy. Harriet has chosen a healthy response to anger. She shares, "I am building a relationship with my heavenly Father like I never dreamed possible. I have realized through all of this that I can talk real straight with God because He already knows who I am. He already knows the thoughts and the feelings that are in the deep recesses of my mind and my heart.

"Do you know what it feels like to be able to say, 'God, I really hate my husband's guts, and I hate his mistress, and I wish that his major body parts would fall off'? I am able to speak honestly with the one Person who has the power to help me to grow beyond that. I know I have nothing to hide from my precious Father because He already knows me."

We cannot emphasize enough the importance of talking honestly with God and building a relationship with Him. God knows you intimately, more than any person ever will. Talk with Him daily as you go about your business at home, at work, and at night in bed. He is always available to listen, and He wants to hear from you.

"Pray continually" (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...