Thursday, June 11, 2009

Have you ever seen a Rich Victim?

Jay Peroni, author of The Faith-Based Millionaire asks if any of the following excuses sound familiar?
  • I was late because of traffic.
  • I have been so busy that I haven’t been eating right or exercising so that is why I put on a few pounds.
  • My company isn’t paying me enough, so I cannot save for retirement.
When you consistently point fingers at others, you look at yourself as a victim. Have you ever seen a rich victim? They are not very common. Poor victims are people who are poor and blame others. They blame their lack of financial freedom on circumstances and people around them.

Blaming the world limits your choices. You can either take responsibility or continue playing the blame game. By taking responsibility, you admit your part in creating the problem. There is always a cause-and-effect relationship. So if you concentrate on what you could do differently, you can begin to create new opportunities. You can make progress, but you first have to start taking responsibility for your actions.

In order to make financial progress, you need to identify areas in your financial life that you would like to change and commit to finding solutions. If you need some help, ask Pastor Steve about "The Christian's Guide to Financial Freedom"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...