- by Bob
If you have never tried cleaning your coffee pot with vinegar, it really is pretty simple:
Run a 50/50 mixture of Vinegar and water through the coffee pot. Afterwards you will probably want to do 2 runs with just water to remove any lingering vinegar.
And if after that you still smell a little bit of vinegar in the carafe you can fill it with warm water and a teaspoon of baking soda. After it sits for a few minutes you should be good to go!
8 other great uses for vinegar
1. Insect bitesPat vinegar onto insect bites to relieve the itch and pain
2. SunburnBelieve it or not spritzing a little vinegar onto sunburns helps soothe and cool the skin.
3. Clogged ShowerheadsOur showerhead occasionally fills up with mineral deposits from the water. You can just soak it in a 50/50 mixture of Vinegar and warm water and it will dissolve all the gunk away!
4. Vacation air-freshenerYou can leave a small container of vinegar in each room of the house while you are gone on a trip and it will keep the air fresh.
5. Wash your washing machineEvery once in a while, you can clean out the washing machine by adding a 1/2 of vinegar to a warm water cycle (without any clothes). Let it run for a complete cycle.
6. Keep your car frost-freeIf your car stays outside during the winter you can spray a solution (3 parts vinegar/1 part water) to the outside of your windows. It will keep them frost and ice-free.
7. Remove a bumper-stickerCoat is with vinegar a couple times until the liquid has thoroughly penetrated the paper and scrape it away with a plastic scraper.
8. Extend the life of your rosesIf you bring home roses for your wife, add 2 tablespoons of vinegar and 2 tablespoons of white sugar to the vase to keep them looking good longer.