Friday, September 17, 2010

Fix Your Eyes on Jesus

The only stable thing in life is a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. The Bible says this can never be taken away from you. "For He Himself has said, 'I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you'" (Hebrews 13:5 NASB).

Bonnie Keen says, "There were many years when I thought God had turned His back on me. I would read in Luke: 'God is not slow to answer the cries of His people,' and I'd think, Yes He is. He's very slow. He's taking forever. I'm drowning over here. I began to realize that I needed to know Christ more intimately. So I began to study the life of Jesus like I never had before.

"I believe Jesus is the heart of God. He came into this world and found the most messed up, wretched, broken down people He could find to be with. God's never been afraid of the dirt and the mess people get into. God is saying to you, 'I created you. I know where you've been, and I know where you can go with Me.'"

Keep your eyes on Jesus, He is answering your prayers, and He's also urging you to draw closer to Him so that you can experience even greater answers than you could imagine.

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God" (Hebrews 12:2).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...