Monday, September 20, 2010

Steps to Christ

If you would like to invite Christ into your life, here are a few simple steps to follow.

1. Confess your sin. The Bible says that everyone sins. "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).

2. Ask for forgiveness from God.

3. Move away from your sins (repent). "Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord" (Acts 3:19).

4. Ask Jesus Christ to save you from the effect of your sin.

5. Give Jesus control of your life (as your Lord). "That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved" (Romans 10:9).

By taking these steps, you are inviting Christ into your life as Savior and Lord. Savior means you acknowledge that He died in your place to pay the price for your sins. Lord means that you give control of your life to Him. Maybe you would like to invite Christ into your life right now. It can be done with a simple prayer.

Dear God, I've done things that are wrong. I've sinned. Please forgive me for my sin and help me to move away from it. I now ask Jesus to come into my life as my Savior, to save me from my sin and to be my Lord. I give You control of my life. Thank you for forgiving me. Thank you for giving Jesus to me. In His name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...