Monday, September 6, 2010

Learn to Surrender to God's Will

God can use your experience to teach you how to forgive others. Remember, God does not cause bad experiences to happen to people, but He can use those experiences to result in good.

It is only through the power of God that you will be able to forgive other people when they have hurt you and wronged you.

"I'm finding more and more that I really do want to forgive these two people who have been responsible for almost destroying me," says Harriet. "If that doesn't tell you the power of our Lord, then I'm not sure what will."

James says, "There are two things you can do: You can either glorify God or you can glorify yourself. When I decided that I wanted to glorify God, that was when I finally said, 'God, I give up. I quit. I throw up the white flag and I surrender.' And I heard a voice say, 'It's about time because I have been waiting for you to do that for thirty-three years.'"

God wants you to surrender to Him because it is when you completely surrender your life, your agenda, and your definition of right and wrong, better and best, that you will be free. Surrender brings freedom; it brings power, and it ensures victory!

"And the presence of the Lord was with them with power, so that a great number [learned] to believe . . . and turned and surrendered themselves to Him" (Acts 11:21 AMP).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...