Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Comment about "Faith Like Potatoes"

JoAnn C Bastien, an ordained elder of the Church of the Nazarene in Detoit wrote:

I was recently challenged to watch a movie called FAITH LIKE POTATOES. I am not really a movie person, so I was resistant to it. Actually, if it had not been an assignment for a class, I probably would not have seen it. The trailor for the movie and the back of the slip cover did not really tell you anything about it. I suppose I am glad for that.

The movie is about a farmer who comes to faith in Jesus Christ. It shows how his life is dramitcally changed. It is based on the true story of Angus Buchan. So much about this story challenged me. I think I was mostly convicted over his prayer life. He spent much time every day in prayer and scripture. Yet, he was a farmer, he and his wife ran an orphanage, and he began traveling as an preacher. Did he have time to spend in prayer and scripture? Did he not have time to spend in prayer and scripture?

In addition, we see a man of great faith in God. But this great faith only comes from all of his time with the Lord. Quality does not superceed quantity! If we want great faith, we must also spend significant time with the Lord in prayer and scripture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...