Wednesday, February 10, 2010

God's View

"'I hate divorce,' says the LORD God of Israel" (Malachi 2:16).

The Scripture above is completely clear and not open to different interpretations. God does not mince words when sharing His attitude about divorce. All those who have been hurt by divorce can identify with God's response.

"I can see why God hates divorce because it tears apart the children," says Bonnie Keen. "It tears apart all the people who sat around you at the altar, who believed in your marriage and who stood with you and with the covenant you made. But I know that God does love the people who go through divorce, and I'm convinced that He will move you through that process if you let Him."

He hates divorce, but He loves you, no matter what the circumstances of your divorce.

Nell Ann shares, "God is so faithful. He hates divorce, but He loves the person going through it. He will greatly bless you when you seek His desire for your life. If you draw close to Him, He will truly draw close to you, and He will not leave you nor forsake you. You can make it through this. It seems so dark, I know, but you can do it."

God makes the following promise to you:

"He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation" (Psalm 91:15-16).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...