Thursday, April 22, 2010

God Will Provide

Elsa Kok shares how God provided for her during the divorce. She says, "God will take care of your needs. I lived under $10,000 a year, and my rent was $500 a month. My daughter was going to a private Christian school, and I was tithing to the church. I should not have made it.

"But when we had a need and brought it to God, and we weren't being frivolous with our money, He provided for our need.

"One morning we woke up and there was an envelope of cash on our table. Another time God provided work, so I took an extra job. Sometimes we'd receive an anonymous check in the mail or groceries on our doorstep. God was our provider.

"At times I would say, 'How am I going to pay this bill?' and my daughter would say, 'Mom, remember last time when we prayed about it and God came through? Let's pray.' To see her beginning to trust God for our financial care was amazing. She'd say, 'You know, Mom, God is the father and the husband in this family. He's not going to let us go under.' We'd get on our knees, and God would provide."

Through this experience Elsa not only grew closer to God and stronger in faith, but she had the opportunity to teach her child to do the same. God is good—get on your knees and believe it!

"He will give you all you need from day to day if you make the Kingdom of God your primary concern. 'So don't be afraid, little flock. For it gives your Father great happiness to give you the Kingdom'" (Luke 12:31-32 NLT).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...