Saturday, April 3, 2010

Medical Expenses

"I would have gone to see a doctor, but I didn't because I wasn't able financially to do it," says Jeannette.

Medical and dental care can be expensive. It is good to be honest about your situation with your doctor or dentist. You might be able to work out a payment plan, discount, or bartering plan with them. If your current medical professional cannot work something out, go to your local church and see if someone can recommend a doctor or dentist who might be able to help.

"I know a lot of Christian dentists and a lot of Christian physicians who would help out in a minute if a single parent came to them and said, 'Listen, I want to be really honest with you. I need the care and my children need the care, but I can't afford your fees. I'm willing to work out some kind of arrangement,'" said Larry Burkett.

It can be intimidating and embarrassing to have to explain your marital and financial situation to strangers, but your honesty and sincere willingness to be responsible for what you can will bring results. God is working not only in your life but also in the lives of everyone you come into contact with each day. He is always by your side giving you the wisdom and strength you need for each moment.

"God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.' So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?'" (Hebrews 13:5-6).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...