Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Forgiveness Is Obeying God

In the Bible, God commands everyone to forgive. Harriet chose to be obedient to God, and she discovered that God miraculously transforms the lives of those who choose to obey.

"The first time I said, 'Lord, I really want You to help me forgive,' what I was saying wasn't registering in my heart. The only reason I did it was because I knew it was something that God wanted me to do.

"Well, our Lord is in the business of miracles, and He is in the business of changing hearts. While I can't say that I've completely let go of the anger, the hatred, the resentment, and the bitterness, with each new day my Father is helping me to get rid of those things in my life. You know what else? I'm finding more and more that when I'm saying, 'Lord, please help me to forgive my husband and his mistress,' I'm not just giving lip service. I'm finding that He who creates changes in people's hearts is hard at work creating a change in my heart.

"A year ago I would have gleefully hired a hitman to take both of them out of the picture. No more. I just want Jesus to find them because I know that the path they're on is one they will never return from. I know the only hope in this world for all of us is through the love of Jesus Christ."

Choose to forgive in obedience to God.

"When you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins" (Mark 11:25).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...