Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Stay Connected to Jesus

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing" (John 15:5).

If a branch is not connected to the tree, it has no life source. It has no roots. It can't be productive. Your biblical responsibility is to remain connected to the vine. By remaining connected to Jesus, God will give you the power and strength to be able to accomplish more than you could imagine.

Dick Purnell says, "You need a power outside of yourself that is beyond the human realm. When the Lord Jesus Christ said, 'I am the vine, and you are the branches' it means that there is a division of function. He is the vine—He brings the power, the joy, the stability, and the peace of mind. The branch simply connects to the vine. As long as the branch is connected to the vine, it is drawing a whole new power, a whole new joy, a whole new peace of mind from the vine.

If you aren't connected with Jesus as the spiritual vine in your life, we encourage you to surrender your current life to Him and let Him be your source of new life. Inviting Jesus into your life is the most important thing you can do as you heal from your divorce.

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener" (John 15:1).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...