Sunday, June 20, 2010

"But This Relationship Is Different"

Yes, this relationship may be special and unlike anything you've ever experienced. But this is not a good reason to have sex with that person. As a matter of fact, it's an excellent reason not to have sex with him or her.

If your new relationship is orchestrated by God, then you have many wonders to look forward to in the future if God calls you to be married. If you have sex with this person before marriage, your relationship will not be as good as it would have been had you followed God's original plan.

Elsa Kok says, "In a dating relationship some people justify moving further sexually because they are in love; they have strong convictions towards Christ; and they're going to get married anyway. They rationalize that they don't have to follow the rules like other people do. They say, 'We're just loving each other.'

"God's guideline is set for you because He is protective of your heart and He loves you. He is not robbing you of joy. He wants to protect the relationship, and He wants to protect your heart."

Show your love for Christ and for the other person by staying within God's protective limits.

"If you love me, you will obey what I command. Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him" (John 14:15, 21).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...