Sunday, June 27, 2010

Hurts People Around You

If you have children or nieces and nephews, know they are watching you and learning from you. Even young adults in your neighborhood and church are looking to you as a role model, whether you want them to or not!

Kay Arthur shares, "I went from one man to another. I wasn't considering my future or the future of my two little boys who were watching me. I didn't know the impact of what would happen one day when my oldest boy came down the stairs and saw me making love to a man. Now, God forgave me, but there were wounds for that little boy, and there were consequences of that sin that carried on."

Teri shares, "When my heart was broken because of divorce, I had sex outside of marriage, and I lost the respect of my children. When your boy looks at you and says, 'Mama, I have lost all respect for you,' that hurts."

The act of sex is not confined to you and another person. It can affect everyone who knows and loves you. Choose to abstain not only for yourself, but for the sake of others.

"If I've let myself be seduced by a woman and conspired to go to bed with her, . . . I'd deserve the worst punishment you could hand out. Adultery is a fire that burns the house down; I wouldn't expect anything I count dear to survive it" (Job 31:9, 11-12 Msg).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...