Friday, October 2, 2009

Face Reality

"The reality is you have to take things the way they are, not the way you want them to be," says Dr. Jim A. Talley. "You have to face the fact that if you're single and you're divorced, you really are single and divorced."

You may not want to be single, but reality does not cater to a person's desires.

Do not pretend you are still married if you are not. Be honest with yourself and start thinking about what kind of a single person God would want you to be.

"When a break in the marriage takes place, you have to recall that you still are whole as an individual," says Eleanor Reid. "Build yourself back up, strengthen yourself in the word of God, and then begin to focus on your new life and the new path that you have as a single individual."

Be honest with God if you are having trouble facing the reality of your circumstances. He knows everything about you, so pour out the truth of your situation and your deepest feelings to Him. He promises healing.

"O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD" (Psalm 139:1-4).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...