Sunday, October 18, 2009

Traumas of Separation: A Painful Soul

A "painful soul" is what's left of your soul after it has been torn apart. Here is what a painful soul feels like:

"It felt like all of my blood had turned to ice," shares Susan. "My heart was racing. I thought that I was going to get sick. I remember having this feeling that a big hole had opened up underneath me and that I was sinking down into it, and I couldn't find my way back up."

James says, "I felt like my heart and my soul had been pulled out."

God can and will heal you. Your painful soul can be mended. The Bible says, "He restores my soul" (Psalm 23:3). But how? Psalm 19:7 says, "The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul." God's words in the Bible will revive your soul. Make a commitment to read the Bible each day.

Proverbs 3:8 says that wisdom will bring "healing to your body and refreshment to your bones" (NASB). Wisdom comes from seeking God, learning more about Him, and surrendering fully to Him. Proverbs 24:14 says that "wisdom is sweet to your soul; if you find it, there is a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off."

The Bible has much to say about souls. If you look in a concordance (similar to an index in the back of many Bibles) for the word soul, you will find several interesting and encouraging Scriptures. Draw close to God in His Word to gain wisdom and receive healing for your soul.

What is it that your soul desires for fulfillment?

"My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?" (Psalm 42:2).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...