Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Angry with God

"At first I was very angry with God," says Sherry. "I thought, 'God, I've always gone to church. I did everything right. I tried to do all the things You wanted. I went to Sunday school. I taught classes. Then You let this happen to me."

It is natural to feel angry with God. Do not feel guilty about your anger. Instead, express your feelings straight to God. Rant and rave and cry out to Him, but then realize that He is God. He loves you very much, and He is not the one to blame for your circumstances.

In the Bible, Job was a righteous man who underwent great pain, loss, and suffering. Job was not afraid to express his confusion and despair to God.

At one point he said, "I loathe my own life; I will give full vent to my complaint; I will speak in the bitterness of my soul. I will say to God, 'Do not condemn me; Let me know why You contend with me; Is it right for You indeed to oppress, to reject the labor of Your hands, and to look favorable on the schemes of the wicked? . . . According to Your knowledge I am indeed not guilty, yet there is no deliverance from Your hand'" (Job 10:1-3, 7 NASB).

Although Job did not understand why he had to live through this horrific pain, he did not waver in his faith. Job later said:

"Though He [God] slay me, I will hope in Him" (Job 13:15 NASB).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...