Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Source of Anger: Fear

What fears do you have as a result of your divorce?

Sue shares, "I felt desperate and extremely fearful. Satan would always try to attack me with fear. Fear that I couldn't make it on my own. Fear that my former husband was going to take the children. Fear that I would not ever be emotionally well again."

Fear can be a source of anger, and fear is triggered when a person feels threatened emotionally.

"Fear can cause you to have a great sense of agitation," says Dr. Les Carter. "Consider a dog, for example, that barks at somebody on the other side of the fence. The bark sounds like the dog is angry, but in fact, it may be that the dog is kind of afraid and is just trying to make it sound like it's stronger than it really is."

You don't have to be strong or confident or self-sufficient. God wants you to depend on His strength, and He will be victorious through you. Try depending on God today. When fear threatens to come into your mind, choose a Bible verse to repeat again and again. Claim that verse and watch God work. You might want to pick one of the verses below, or you can look in a concordance for the word "fear" and find another Scripture that might be meaningful for you.

"In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us" (Romans 8:37).

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me" (2 Corinthians 12:9).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...