Thursday, November 5, 2009

Jesus' Role in Your Recovery

A relationship with Jesus Christ is the foundation for healing.

"The presence of Christ gives you a greater depth of meaning to life, of feeling loved," says H. Norman Wright. "When somebody rejects you, you can turn to the Scriptures, and you can read what it says there and realize that in spite of what's happened here, God's love is so great that if you had been the only person ever created here on earth, He still would have sent His Son Jesus Christ to die for you, and that means you are really special. You are loved."

Marie shares, "I believe that a broken heart can only be mended by the Person who made it. I wasn't truly happy before I knew Christ, before I accepted Jesus as my personal Savior. I was spinning around on the merry-go-round, but I wasn't really having a good time. Now He's all that I need. It's an absolute fact of my life, and I wouldn't have it any other way."

Todd says, "Even when you don't feel that God is there, He is. There are going to be periods where you feel so dry and you feel like He's not there. He'll never, ever leave you, and you have to trust that. There were times when I felt like He wasn't there in my heart, but I knew in my head that He would never leave me."

Having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is essential to your healing.

"Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God" (John 1:12).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...