Sunday, December 20, 2009

Change in Eating Habits

Your depression can show itself through a change in your eating habits. Many people in divorce either experience an extreme lack of appetite or the desire to binge. Both habits are unhealthy.

"Realizing that my marriage had fallen apart, the first way it manifested itself was I lost the will to eat. In fact, I lost eighteen pounds in two and a half weeks," says Rob Eagar.

Dave says, "I was nauseous and had diarrhea and couldn't keep anything down. Nothing tasted good. I was forcing myself to eat and drink."

"Nine months ago," says Odie, "I was eighty pounds heavier, due to the stress of my divorce. I woke up one day, and I said, 'This is God's temple. I'm destroying it.'"

When you eat, choose to eat healthy. A poor diet affects a person emotionally as well as physically. Now is a good time to choose to put whole grains, water, proteins, and vitamin-rich vegetables in your body and start new, wise habits.

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body" (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...