Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Profound Sense of Sadness

"I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart" (Romans 9:2).

Another symptom of depression is a profound sense of sadness in your life.

"There's an emptiness in you. You feel like a big hole has suddenly developed in the center of your being. Persistent sadness is there all the time," says Dr. Archibald Hart.

Cindy says, "If I opened my mouth, I would start sobbing because I was so sad. I had lost a tremendous amount of weight. My hair fell out by the handfuls. Sadness had taken over my whole being."

Jesus was called a "man of sorrows." It may seem impossible that Jesus could know how you feel, but He does. He, too, was "despised and rejected" by people, and He was "familiar with suffering." Call on God in your sadness as One who knows every fear, hurt, pain, and disappointment hidden in your heart. Jesus can be the light in your darkness.

"He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him. He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted" (Isaiah 53:2-4).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...