Friday, December 18, 2009

No Longer Enjoy Favorite Activities

Bonnie Keen is an accomplished recording artist, songwriter, speaker, and author. Her desire is to bring God's message of love to people everywhere. Despite her God-given love of music, there was a time in
Bonnie's life when she struggled to make it through a concert due to the depression she was feeling from her divorce.

She says, "I was a total wreck. I cried and cried. I would cry until it was time to go on stage and sing. I would sing, and then I'd sit down and cry again. I could not figure out what was happening to me. There was no joy in what I usually loved doing."

If you no longer enjoy the things you used to enjoy, it's another sign that you are experiencing depression. Bonnie experienced some dark times, just as you are, but she kept her eyes on Jesus Christ and placed her faith in Him. God saw her through, and today she ministers to those who are hurting, who don't feel God's love, and who desperately need His comfort.

"My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music" (Psalm 57:7).

"Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand" (Isaiah 41:10 NLT).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...