Thursday, December 17, 2009

Guilt, Worthlessness, and Helplessness

"Guilt is a common sign of depression. You blame yourself for what has happened," says Dr. Archibald Hart.

"Divorce," says Bonnie Keen, "is a hammer blow to your self-esteem."

Ron shares, "I was just helpless."

Guilt, worthlessness, and helplessness may be an integral part of your daily life now. The emotions themselves are not wrong, but the questions you need to ask yourself are Where will I let these emotions lead me? Will I let these feelings bring me down, or will I choose to keep my eyes on Jesus no matter what? Jesus loves you regardless of what you have done, what you look like on the outside, or what you look like on the inside. You can never do anything that will cause Him to love you less. That is amazing. That is God.

Jan Northington explains, "Pain can drive you to a sense of hopelessness and despair or it can drive you to God. It's your choice. You may think there are few choices available to you, but in reality there are a million choices available."

Selma shares, "As long as I could keep my eyes on Jesus, I was fine. He loves me regardless of what has happened in the past and regardless of what I've done. Knowing that just gave me the strength to go on." Never forget how much Jesus loves you.

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God" (Hebrews 12:2).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...