Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sleep Patterns Disturbed

A change or disturbance in your sleep patterns is another sign of depression. Some people cannot sleep at all, and some people sleep almost all the time.

"I couldn't eat. I couldn't sleep. I was just a basket case," says Cheryl.
Bonnie Keen says, "I was up for almost two solid weeks without sleeping. I remember I could sleep two hours at a time and then I would just be awake."

Laura Petherbridge shares: "I literally slept all the time. I was absolutely exhausted." If you are a person who is reacting to your situation by sleeping a great deal, be aware that sleep can become an addictive behavior, which is unhealthy. Force yourself to exercise, to get out, and to be with other people. Get on a schedule that incorporates a healthy amount of sleep, and pray for the energy to stay awake when you should be awake!

The Bible offers several promises that have to do with sleep. Choose one of these promises to claim today. God loves you, and He wants Your sleep to be peaceful and refreshing.

"He gives His beloved sleep" (Psalm 127:2 NKJV).

"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety" (Psalm 4:8).

"When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet" (Proverbs 3:24).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...