Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Consequences of Moving Too Quickly

"I got speeding tickets every time I got engaged. Two speeding tickets in the same month. It was like the Holy Spirit saying, 'Slow down.' I think God has such a sense of humor," says Bonnie Keen.

If you don't slow down and wait before starting a new relationship, you won't heal.

"I got into another relationship right away," says Angie. "I was elated for a while. I thought, 'I am out of here and on to better things.' Thankfully the Lord saved me from that and opened up my eyes to what I was doing. I almost married him. I ended up breaking up with him, and after that the pain was worse than my divorce. It was like going through another divorce. During that period I was so broken, so depressed, and so hurting. God used that experience to take me on my journey of healing."

Let God use your painful circumstances for your healing and growth. You can be a strong, secure person when your identity is in Christ. Slow down and let this happen before you even remotely consider a new relationship. God can heal your deepest pain and meet your deepest needs.

"Slow down. Take a deep breath. What's the hurry? Why wear yourself out? Just what are you after anyway?" (Jeremiah 2:25 Msg).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...