Thursday, March 18, 2010

You Are Complete with God

"It's unfair and unrealistic to expect that there is a man or a woman out there who can please you forever or fulfill your heart," says Rob Eagar.

Whether you are married or single, you will only be complete in a relationship with God through His Son Jesus. Examine your spiritual life to see if you are complete through Christ, or if you feel that another person would help to make you whole.

"My heart will never be fulfilled until I realize that I am complete and that the only Person who truly loves me unconditionally is Jesus Christ Himself," continues Rob.

Humans are imperfect. We are flawed, and we do not have the ability to fulfill another person.

Jesus Christ, though, is perfect. Because of His love, you can be in a right relationship with God, and you can flourish in that relationship. God has a higher purpose for you than to find a mate. Trust Him.

Cathy shares, "Marriage is supposed to be the strongest relational bond here on earth, but I realize now that I put my marriage before Christ. I clung to my husband and depended on him too much. I should only have that kind of dependence on Christ. When everything was taken away, it was like God said, 'Okay, Cathy, you're alone; you're stripped. Now let Me show you who you really are. Let Me show you how much I love you. Let me show you the person I created you to be."

"But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever" (Psalm 52:8).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...