Sunday, March 21, 2010

New Relationships God's Way

Once your healing is complete and you are following God's will for your life, you may be ready for a new relationship. A relationship done God's way and in God's time is wonderful.

Bonnie Keen says, "Before my new husband and I started seeing each other, I had a peace with Christ. I said to God, 'I'm going to trust who You are and not who I am, and in Your plans to restore me and not my own.' There came a peace over me.

"I thought, 'If I never marry again, that will be all right.' I didn't need a man. I needed God. I needed Christ's grace and the realness of who He is. It's incredible how God has restored me. I never imagined God would restore to me a sense of peace, a sense of love and joy in a sacred marriage, and the ability to walk in grace with my ex and his wife and their children.

"It's never too late. I know how it feels. What the enemy wanted to do in the upheaval, the trash, and the mess of my life, God has taken and turned it around because He's a redeemer."

Perhaps someday you will remarry. And if you are walking in the peace and grace of the Lord, you will be blessed anew by the wonder of it all.
"The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple" (Psalm 19:7).

"They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated; they will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations" (Isaiah 61:4).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...