Thursday, March 25, 2010

Prepare a Crisis Budget Immediately

You may be experiencing a drastic cut in income. It is important to know how to prepare and maintain a budget that fits your new lifestyle.

"I needed to learn how to pay bills and live on a budget," says Cathy. "I had never done this before. I sat down with my father. He helped me lay it out on paper. He said, 'You need to quit subscribing to these magazines; you need to cut back here; you need to give this up.' I needed to change all these things to work my life around this new financial amount."

Making decisions for a crisis budget can be difficult, but you must not put it off. Realize that you will have to do without some things you are accustomed to.

Cynthia Yates says, "You've got to become proactive. This is a situation where unless you start to do something now, it's going to get worse one second from now."

What will you do with the financial amount God has given you?

Jesus tells a parable about three men who were each entrusted by their master with certain amounts of money. The first man "went at once and put his money to work and gained five more [talents of money]. . . .

"After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them. . . . 'Master,' said [the first man], 'you entrusted me with five talents. See, I have gained five more.'

"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'" (Matthew 25:16, 19-21).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...