Monday, March 15, 2010

The Great Dating Crusade

Rob Eagar, speaker and author of The Power of Passion: Applying the Love of Christ to Dating Relationships, embarked on what he calls the "Great Dating Crusade" a year after his wife had left him. His goal at that time was to find fulfillment through a new relationship.

He says, "My heart still held this mindset that if I could find the right woman, then I could find my own happily ever after. That was the basis for my Great Dating Crusade. It led me into a series of roller coaster experiences where I would meet a new woman and we would hit it off, but no matter how wonderful the new relationship started off, nothing ever worked out. All the relationships crashed and burned."

Rob began to question God at that point, asking, "Where is the love? My heart still feels empty inside." He realized that God wanted him to understand that he was trying to fill his heart with something that could not truly satisfy his needs. Rob desired to be loved, accepted, and celebrated just the way he was, imperfections and all. He realized that Jesus Christ is the only Person who could love him to that deep degree, the only One who could love him unconditionally.

"Mortals make elaborate plans, but GOD has the last word. Humans are satisfied with whatever looks good; GOD probes for what is good. Put GOD in charge of your work, then what you've planned will take place" (Proverbs 16:1-3 Msg)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...