Friday, March 12, 2010

Thankful for the Hard Times

Think about how you deal with adversity and how you now view past trials. Are you thankful for the hard times? A sign of healing is when a person is thankful for the bad times as well as the good and when a person recognizes that he or she is a better person because of the trials. Now is not the time to be worried about remarriage, but to persevere in becoming the person God has created you to be.

"I don't know if it's God's intent for me to remarry," says Harriet. "But that, along with every corner of my life, is His now, and I don't have to worry about it anymore. He has taken a broken shell of a woman. He has taken this vessel that was emptied of all its content, and He is turning me into His work, a masterpiece that's His making. I don't even know how to be thankful for that, but I know He'll help me to."

In the Bible verse below, God's instructions on how to face adversity are radical—but so is His healing. Don't settle for anything less than what God wants for you!

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything" (James 1:2-4).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...