Friday, March 19, 2010

Urgent Need to Find a Mate

"When you've been separated and divorced and you want to connect again, you're almost starving for it," admits Marie.

Sometimes your search for a new relationship or a new mate can take almost a frantic pace. At times like this, you need to slow down and stop. Think for a moment about why you desire this new relationship or mate. Wanting a new relationship right away is damaging on many levels, so be sure that you understand your motivations. You might discover that you are not ready for a relationship at all.

The Bible says that our actions are a reflection of our faith. People around you should be able to see your faith through the actions you take and the decisions you make. What are your actions saying about you?

"I'm always aware that there are children watching me throughout this divorce situation," says Bonnie Keen. "They are watching what I do with my grief, what I do with my anger, what I do with my ex-spouse, and what I do with my body. What do I want them to see?"

As you make decisions about where your life is headed and what your life's foundation is, realize that these decisions do not affect you alone. People around you are watching and learning.

"You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did" (James 2:22).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...