Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Financial Pressures

"I got a second job," says Marie. "I needed to have a second job because I was digging myself in really deep just to stay even. I was borrowing money from anybody who would lend it to me. It was frightening."

Financial pressures during divorce can be enormous. Financial needs keep coming, and whenever you get one area under control, another comes up. There is often not enough money to meet all the needs.

Cynthia Yates shares her story: "I was trying to hold up under the weight of all the debt my husband and I had accrued. It turned out that my husband had not paid a bill in a very long time. We had been separated for a while, and before I knew it, creditors were calling left and right, and they were threatening me. I was working two, three jobs, menial jobs. After I worked my two jobs during the day, I made arrangements to be able to sweep the floor of a produce warehouse in exchange for free fruit and vegetables for my son and me."

Change your focus from despair to goal-setting. We will help you learn to develop a survival plan and stabilize yourself financially. There is hope for every financial situation, no matter how impossible your circumstances may appear.

"Hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has?" (Romans 8:24).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...