Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tithe

Your tithe is the amount you give to God. Giving a portion of your income to God is a way of saying thank you for His provision; it shows you have faith in Him to supply your needs.

"'Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,' says the LORD Almighty, 'and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it'" (Malachi 3:10).

"I believe the Lord doesn't demand a tithe. I believe He asks for a tithe," said Larry Burkett. "I also believe that a tithe is the clearest outside indicator of where we are spiritually. It is really a measure of 'Do I trust God, or do I just say that I trust God?'"

Laura Petherbridge shares, "This is what I told God, 'I'm going to continue giving You this 10 percent, and I'm going to trust You for the rest.' Then the blessings from God began coming. Within two weeks my job went from part-time to full-time with a raise. I had several items that I decided to sell, and I received close to what I paid for them. A friend fixed my car for me, free of charge. A family member rolled up three one-hundred-dollar bills and slipped them into my hand as we said good-bye.

"One time after another, God kept meeting my needs. There was no logical human explanation to it. God was faithful."

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" (Hebrews 11:1).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...