Thursday, March 4, 2010

Energy Balance: Where Are You?

Earlier we discussed how divorce affects your energy distribution. Let's consider how an imbalance in your energy can negatively affect your decision to begin a new relationship.

At the beginning of the separation or divorce process, emotional demands take up 85 percent of your energy, leaving only 15 percent for mental, physical, and spiritual needs. It takes as long as five years to return to a more even distribution of your energy. Unfortunately, most people enter new relationships and remarry in an unbalanced state, while they are still affected by the emotional impact of divorce and not fully capable of applying mental and spiritual wisdom to the relationship.

Rob Eagar says, "If you come out of a relationship and then immediately jump into another one, your heart does not get a chance to fully heal; therefore, you are walking along wounded emotionally. You are vulnerable, then, to starting this new relationship without a whole heart, and you're going to try to suck your need for acceptance and significance out of this person all the more. You're not really in the relationship for the other person. You're in it for yourself."

Give God the opportunity to take care of you and to reveal His glory and power to you. He knows what you want, and He knows what you need. He loves you and will take care of you if you will let Him.

"Your Father knows what you need before you ask him" (Matthew 6:8).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...