Monday, January 18, 2010

Couples-Oriented Society

It can be painfully obvious that this is a couples-oriented society. At restaurants, at the movies, and in the shopping malls, it seems as if everyone is with someone else. Popular songs say you can't live without that special person in your life.

Bonnie Keen says, "Everywhere I went it looked like there were whole families intact, and I stuck out like a sore thumb."

"I couldn't stand to see happy couples," admits Sherry. "In my Sunday school class were happily married couples, and I loved all of them, but I didn't want to be with them because it hurt, and I was angry."

"We're outsiders," says Bob. "We're the third wheel or the fifth wheel. We're in a couples society, and it's an awkward situation."

The popular song lyrics are wrong. There is only one Person you need for fulfillment. That Person is Jesus Christ.

"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God" (Ephesians 3:16-19).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...