Thursday, January 7, 2010

Giving more than 10%

a guest post from ChristianPF

In my life I have noticed that God regularly pushes me to give a little bit more than I think I am able to. I guess that is the whole point – He is stretching me to see if I am going to depend on my own ability or put my faith in His ability to provide for what He is asking me to do.

I have been giving 10% of my income for almost a decade now and have witnessed God’s faithfulness as we gave. There have been good times and times when things were really tight and I hung onto Philippians 4:19 – but in all of it I can confidently say that God was faithful.

Giving more in 2010

After spending some time in prayer recently I got some direction that we are to step up our giving to a higher level this year. 10% has been great, but this year I feel God calling us to give beyond the 10%. And like usual, it is a little bit of a step of faith. But you know, I have been here before. After you walk with God for a while, you start to notice that God really seems to enjoy having us step out in faith. After all, without faith it is impossible to please Him (Heb 11:6).

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t feel a little timid about taking the leap, but every time I take steps like this I get to witness God do some pretty cool things. I am expecting nothing less in 2010.

Anyone else sensing a call to give more this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...