Thursday, January 14, 2010

When You Feel Rejected

"I had absolutely no idea what loneliness was until I found out my husband was having an affair," says Harriet. "For two months I lived with the knowledge that my husband, the person I had loved and trusted more than anyone in the world, had betrayed me.

"I knew for the first time what loneliness was, true loneliness, and why there's a difference in loneliness and being alone. I could be in a room full of people, and loneliness was there. Loneliness was my constant companion."

Not only do you feel separated from people, you also feel a sense of rejection from them. When you're rejected by someone whose opinion truly matters to you, such as your spouse, you can mistakenly feel that you are a "reject."

"I felt like I had a big 'D' on my forehead," says Sherry. "Everywhere I went, I felt like everybody was thinking, What a loser. You couldn't make a thirty-one-year marriage work."

You are incredibly worthwhile and valuable in God's eyes. He does not judge you or look down on you. He has chosen you to be His special worker, and He'll strengthen you for the task, upholding you every step of the way.

"I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand" (Isaiah 41:9-10).

"For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected" (1 Timothy 4:4).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...