Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lack of Self-Esteem

Loneliness can lead to a lack of self-esteem. When you lose the feeling of value that you received from your marriage, you might begin to second-guess your worth as a person. Don't let feelings of worthlessness take root. They are complete lies. You are so valuable as a person.

Rob Eagar shares what he learned about loneliness and low self-worth. He says, "Probably the best advice I received was that my self-esteem is not based on how other people view me. If someone rejects me, sure the pain is real and it hurts, but my true self-esteem is based on how God views me. God sees me as a lovable, wonderful person who is so valuable to Him that I was worth dying for. That is why His Son Jesus Christ came to earth and died on the cross. I can still get up and walk out and hold my head high because if the God of the Universe loves me and says I am valuable, then His opinion is all that really matters."

Yes, God's opinion is the only one that truly matters in the whole scheme of life.

"You are precious and honored in my sight, and . . . I love you. . . . Do not be afraid, for I am with you" (Isaiah 43:4-5).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...