Saturday, January 23, 2010

Feeling Out of Fellowship with God

A lonely person can feel out of fellowship with God. In separation and divorce, your love relationship with your former mate has broken, and you may wonder if your relationship with God is still intact.

"Human relationships ideally are meant to be pictures of godly love," says Dr. Les Carter. "When a husband and wife share real, solid love, it's not difficult at that point to know what God's love is like and to feel a sense of richness in the Lord."

Without a loving marriage as a model, you might become confused about where you stand with God.

"I felt so hopeless and alone," says Ginny. "Even though I knew God was with me, I couldn't feel Him."

God is with you, and He will always be with you and will love you with a perfect love. Cheryl says, "I remember there came a time in my life when I realized that God was always going to be there for me and that I might be lonely at times, but I was never going to be alone. Once I realized that, I was able to go forward and not worry about being alone any more."

The Bible says: "For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord" (Romans 14:7-8).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...