Monday, January 18, 2010

Profound Loss

When you go through divorce, you experience a profound sense of loss, and that makes the loneliness deeper.

Harriet says, "What was so bad is that I knew what it felt like to be loved, to be cherished, to not be lonely, to have a full life. All of a sudden it seemed like my life was over. I was convinced that I would never be loved again, that I would die alone. I don't ever want to feel like that again."

Danny shares, "At some of those darkest hours, I would envision Christ on the cross or envision Him going through what led up to the cross—the pain and suffering He endured. When I was able to focus on that, it made my problems seem so much smaller. At my darkest hours I would concentrate on Christ Himself. That helped me tremendously."

Your loss is real and intense, but you will make it through this. Know that Jesus Christ is the One who knows exactly how you feel. He knows how deep your hurts are, and His tears are flowing with yours. Crawl into His strong arms and let Him love you.

"Joy is gone from our hearts; our dancing has turned to mourning" (Lamentations 5:15).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...