Wednesday, January 13, 2010

When You Don't Feel Valued

If you do not feel valued, you will have feelings of loneliness. Knowing you are important to people strengthens you and strengthens the ties you have with them. We encourage you to find your value in Christ first, and He will show you your worth through the godly love of other people.

"It's only when you learn who you are in Christ," says Lauren, "the total acceptance the Lord has of you, the unconditional love He gives to you, and what you are worth to Him, that you fully realize what a valued person you are. You can't get that from anywhere else. You can't get that from your mate."

Read the Bible to learn how much God loves you and what His purpose is for your life.

Bonnie Keen says, "I didn't always feel like He loved me. I didn't always feel like I was somebody who was going to succeed again and have two strong legs to stand on. But the Bible told me who I was. If I kept going back there for my definition of who I was, that could be counted on. It was a choice I made. I didn't feel it emotionally all the time."

Any demeaning thoughts you have had about yourself need to be given to Christ. He will dispose of your harmful thoughts as you embrace the new life He has for you.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" (2 Corinthians 5:17).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...