Sunday, January 3, 2010

Eliminate Untrue Beliefs

"I remember feeling very ugly, unlovable, undesirable as a woman, unsuccessful, a total washout as a human being, and a complete failure," admits Marie.

Dr. Archibald Hart suggests that you identify your underlying beliefs about yourself and eliminate the ones that are not true.

"Beneath many of your depressions is a belief," says Dr. Hart. "You may be thinking, Because I am divorced, I am not a worthwhile person. Because I am divorced, no one's really going to care for me or love me or respect me. Because I'm divorced, I'm a failure, and if I have one failure in my life, then my whole life is a failure. These are called irrational beliefs. They have no basis in reality, and they need to be challenged because if you don't challenge and deal with them, you will feed your depression by these faulty beliefs."

In the Bible, Satan is referred to as the "father of lies." He will whisper lies to you, hoping that you will begin to believe them. John 8:44 says:

"[The devil] was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

You are a worthwhile, lovable, successful person because God created you in His perfect image. Live your life based on the truth of God's Word.

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them" (Genesis 1:27).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...