Thursday, January 7, 2010

Get Moving

"You need to recognize that God created you for a purpose," says Dr. Robert Abarno. "Get up out of bed. Start to function. Function is essential to dealing with depression. You can get up out of bed. You can move around. You can make contact. You can talk to your pastor or someone else in the church. You can go to a Christian counselor."

Here is a suggestion by Dr. Archibald Hart: "Set up a contract with someone to whom you can be accountable. Find a friend who will agree to call you at 6:30 in the morning to remind you 'It's time to get going.'

"If you can keep up the exercise, keep your physical activity up, keep your involvement going, you can get over the depression much more effectively. Having a friend whom you can be accountable to can help."
It's time to function again. You can do it. With God's help, you will do just fine.

"Just thinking of my troubles and my lonely wandering makes me miserable. That's all I ever think about, and I am depressed. Then I remember something that fills me with hope. The LORD's kindness never fails! If he had not been merciful, we would have been destroyed. The LORD can always be trusted to show mercy each morning. Deep in my heart I say, 'The LORD is all I need; I can depend on him!'" (Lamentations 3:19-24 CEV).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...