Friday, January 29, 2010

Develop a Relationship with God

"My struggles brought me closer to God," says BJ. "He was able to take my anger away when I gave it to Him. He was able to take the depression away. He even took the loneliness away eventually. Grow closer to God, and as you start to dwell on Him and the things of God, you forget all the things that hurt, and He will take your loneliness away."

God wants to meet you right where you are now. He is never surprised or appalled by anything you have done. He wants to ease your lonely heart today.

Dr. Robert Abarno says, "He's always available to you. He says, 'I will never leave you or forsake you.' But you have to make the decision to have a relationship with God. Nobody else can do it for you. You must say, 'I want to be saved. I repent of my sins. I ask You to forgive me of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.' That's a positive action that can result from immense pain."

Beginning or renewing relationship with the living God is a sure cure for loneliness.

"Whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life" (John 4:14).

We encourage you to take that positive action today and pray the prayer that Dr. Abarno suggests:

Lord God, I want to be saved. I repent of my sins. Please forgive my sins, and cleanse me from unrighteousness. I accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think...